Stay and booking
The campsite is open from May 16 to September 10, 2023.
We recommand that you book for a stay during high season. There is no minimum number of nights.
All bookings must be accompanied by a deposit of 25% of the total amount.
Arrival and departure
The pitch is available from noon, except for Premium pitches, Private Sanitary pitches and pitches with equipment rental, for which arrival time is 2pm. The pitch must be vacated by noon on the day of the departure.
During the low season you can arrive until 7pm and in July and August until 9pm.
After registration at the reception, our receptionists will accompany you to your pitch.
Closed at night : access to the campsite is closed for vehicles from 10.30pm to 7am. Vehicles arriving after 10.30pm must be parked in the outer parking area.
The price covers 2 persons and one car on the pitch.
6 Persons maximum on a pitch (or by parents + children in case of large families).
Pitches with electricity have a connection of 16 amps.
Cable extensions and adapters can be borrowed at the reception, we ask for a deposit of 20 €.
By prefectural order, due to the presence of a nearby forest, the use of electric or charcoal barbecues is forbidden. Only gas barbecues are allowed.
Gas barbecues are available for rent at the reception. Nomadeo barbecue 7€/day and Weber Traveler 20€/day.
Pets are allowed at additional cost. (6 € per night from July 1 to August 31 / € 5 per night outside these dates).
Dogs and cats must be tattooed or microchipped, vaccinated and kept on a leash. The certificate of rabies vaccination must be presented on arrival, prior to intake.
For UK Citizens, make sure your pet is accompanied by a health certificate issued by an official veterinarian in the UK, together with a proof of vaccination against rabies and a document proving your pet is identified. The health certificate is valid for 10 days from the date of issuance and has to be presented for import checks within these 10 days of validity. The health is valid for a total of four months within the EU and Northern Ireland.
In accordance with Article 211-1 of the law of 6 January 1999 relating to “dangerous and stray animals and to the protection of domestic animals” Category 1: Attack dogs: are prohibited. The 2nd category : Guard dogs: must be kept on a lead by an adult (Art.211-5 RC) and muzzled. These dogs must be registered with a pedigree which is recognised by the French Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
We ask you keep your dog on a lead, not only on the camping but also in the park around the campsite, don’t lock him up, don’t let him bark and make sure the dog is clean. For more information, see our page “Tips for your stay at La Garangeoire with your animal”
It is possible to hire refrigerators of 90 litres (limited availability) at a price of 10€/day during low season and 12€/day between July 20 and August 20/90 litres.
We offer garden furniture (1 table + 6 chairs) for rent, for campers who want to travel light. 49,00 € / week.
It is forbidden to stretch a clothesline between the trees on the pitch. Thank you for drying your laundry on the special location for that, ie laundry rotaries. These can be rented at the reception, with a deposit of 20 €.
All sanitary blocks are equipped with changing tables and baths.
High chairs and cots can be hired on booking for the duration of your holiday (Baby cot : 15€ per stay, high chair: 10€ per stay).
Lending of changing mats is possible with a 20€ deposit.
High chairs are available at the bar and restaurant and child seats are available for bikes.(Hire at bike rental)
60 of our pitches for tents, caravans or campervans are easily accessible.
Four sanitary blocks (toilets, showers, sinks) are accessible for the disabled. These toilets are situated at the pool, bar / restaurant, next to the reception and the centre of the meadow pitches for tents, caravans and camper vans.
For more information, see “Accessible for disabled persons.”
If you wish to receive visitors, please inform the reception and pay the fee accordingly.
4€ during low season,5€ from the 1st of July until the 31st of August (visit more than two hours).
A tourist tax is collected by the campsite on behalf of the municipality of Saint-Julien des Landes from May 1st to September 30th. The amount is € 0.66 per night per person over 18 years.
1. Castel Camping La Garangeoire accepts reservation of pitches in order to ensure that a place is available for the camper on the day of his arrival. This reservation is subject to the following conditions: Application shall be accompanied by payment of 25% of the total amount of the stay (including the amount of fridge or furniture rental if applicable). This amount will be then deducted from the total due for the stay. The 25% should be transmitted by credit card, bank transfer or using the online secured paying system. After receipt of payment and contract duly completed and signed, we will send you a confirmation of booking. The balance has to be paid 30 days before the arrival date, in the absence of this payment, your booking will be automatically cancelled.
2. The pitch is available from noon, except for PREMIUM and PRIVATE SANITARY pitches or the pitches with a refrigerator or furniture hire for which arrival time is 2pm. The pitch must be vacated by noon on the day of the departure. Before your stay, you will be asked for a 60 € deposit for the PREMIUM and PRIVATE SANITARY pitches, which includes a guarantee for material breakage and cleanliness. You will get your deposit back at the end of your stay, with possible deduction made for the cost of missing/damaged items. Cleaning is the responsibility of the tenant.
3. The pitch may be occupied by 6 persons maximum (or by parents + children in case of large families).
4. The reservation is a personal contract: it can not be transferred and subletting is not permitted.
5. Any modification of the details originally stated must be stated on arrival at the campsite. In event of inaccurate information having been given in the agreement, this contract will be cancelled and the deposit already paid will not be refunded. No postponement will be allowed on the following season.
6. If your arrival is to be delayed, we ask you to notify us, so that your pitch can be kept for you. If there has been no news from you after 24 hours from the stated date of your arrival, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-allocate the pitch.
7. Once your stay has begun, no refund can be made for premature departure, whatever the reason. Consequently, we strongly recommend subscribing an appropriate cancellation insurance.
8. Any cancellation must be notified in writing, the date of receipt determining the date of cancellation.
Should you cancel your reservation up to 90 days before your arrival date, a lump sum of 50€ will be retained. Should you cancel your reservation between 89 and 30 days before your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded minus 150 € which will be withheld as compensatory indemnity for the cancellation. A deposit under 150 € is therefore fully non-refundable. If the notice of the cancellation is received later than 30 days before your arrival date, no refund is possible.
9. Please return the booking contract, duly completed and signed.
10. Any litigation that may arise shall be dealt with exclusivity by Tribunal d’Instance des Sables d’Olonne. The French version of the agreement shall be regarded as the authentic text of the contract.
11. Conforming to article L. 152-1 of the consumer code, you have free recourse to CM2C mediation service by post: CM2C – 14 rue Saint Jean – 75017 PARIS or via the website: https://cm2c.net
12. Residents must comply with the campsite rules at all times, especially those regarding night-time noise levels. Copies of the Campsite rules and regulations are available at reception and will be sent on request.
Access to the campsite is closed for vehicles from 10.30pm to 7am. Vehicles arriving after 10.30pm must park in the outer parking area. Visitors must report to reception on arrival and pay the fee accordingly. They do not have access to swimming-pools in accordance with French regulations. Any free or fee-based activity mentioned in our brochure or website may, in certain circumstances beyond our control, be modified or cancelled when you arrive on the site. In this case, we cannot be held responsible for such an occurrence. Minors must be accompanied by their parents or legal representatives. You authorize (without compensation) La Garangeoire to use in any medium the pictures and videos of yourself and the persons in your party that may be taken during your stay, for the advertising needs of La Garangeoire.
These details are considered necessary in order to avoid any misunderstanding. We shall look upon you, as always, as our very welcome guests, and are confident that you will take away with you enjoyable memories of your holiday at La Garangeoire.
Cancellation & Holiday interruption
Any cancellation must be notified in writing, the date of receipt determining the date of cancellation.