Whilst Staying at La Garangeoire discover the beaches and harbours of the Vendee. Combine relaxing, sea fishing and other water activities.
The beaches nearest to La Garangeoire are at Bretignolles sur Mer approx 12kms away:
LES DUNES beach :
– long beach with fine sand which stretches just over 3,2km.
– Ideal for a long afternoons sunbathing and swimming.
– Separate zone for swimmers and reserved zone for surfing.
La NORMANDELIERE beach :
– relax on this fine sandy beach, ideal for young children.
– plenty of water sports, surfing and sailing plus lessons available.
– Behind the dunes there is a former lake, which is now equipped with netts and goals for ball games in the sand
– Lovely walks and cycle paths along the top of the dunes overlooking the sea.
– Special assistance available for the disabled.
La SAUZAIE beach:
A beach on a rocky part of the coast with great waves. This beach is perhaps the most well known amongst surfers who come to the Vendee.
Beaches to discover
Les Sables d’Olonne (The Departure harbour of the famous Vendée Globe)
Saint Gilles Croix de Vie (Fishing harbour)
Veillon beach, in Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
Mine beach, in Jard sur Mer
Dames beach, in Noirmoutier
The naturist beach Sauveterre, in Olonne-sur-Mer
and lots more to discover…